Hello Marching Band Parents (Band, Color Guard and Dance Squad) ...
The summer is flying by and Monday (August 11th) is when we kick off the Marching Band Season!!!
Band Camp ... August 11-15 & 18-22 ... 9 am (8:45 check in) - 3 pm
If parents could send a box of "unfrozen" freeze pops and/or 24pk of water ... that would be HUGE!!!
Dehydration is a major issue we work very hard keeping out of the band camp activities so your help is greatly appreciated!!!!
Just zip me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to contribute ... donations can be put on the long table in the music hall.
Now the Bandie Goes to Band Camp Check List ...
1. All Bandies need to report to the BHS Music Hall (with instruments and music) no later than 8:45 am to check in ... dropping off and (bandie) parking may vary over the course of the two weeks.
2. Bandies can be dropped off in the circle but bandies with cars should park in the staff parking lot up near the cafeteria ... a lot of pavement work is going on around BHS and we are not sure where the crews will be working over the next week or so. Stay tuned for email updates if there are any changes.
3. EAT BREAKFAST ... this is very important!!!
4. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes (hats help A LOT)
5. Sunscreen, Sunscreen .... SUNSCREEN!!!!!
6. Water, Water .... WATER!!!!!
7. There is an hour for lunch so bring a bagged lunch. Bandies are permitted to leave and come back but must be ready to get back in the swing at the 1 hour mark.
8. Dismissal and Pick-up is at 3:00. Bandies can be picked up in the circle if clear of paving equipment. Otherwise, pick up can be up further past the circle.
Please be sure to let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
The staff and leadership are looking forward to seeing everyone Monday Morning!!!!!!
Asst. Marching Band Director
& Music Boosters President